Thursday, August 5, 2010

Are You A Hoarder?



Quiz: Are You a Hoarder?
Take This Quiz to Find Out


Print this up and circle each answer that you feel represents you. This is not a diagnostic tool. It is designed to help you understand the differences between hoarders and collectors. The more questions you have answered true to in each category, the more likely you fall into that category.
Source: Overcoming Compulsive Hoarding. Fugen Neziroglu, Jerome Bubrick, Jose A. Yaryura-Tobias. New Harbinger Publications Inc. 2004, 150 pages.

Collectors

• True / False: I feel proud of my possessions.

• True / False: I keep my possessions organized and well maintained.

• True / False: I find joy in my possessions and willingly display them to others.

• True / False: I attend meetings or conferences with others who share my interest.

• True / False: I enjoy conversations about my possessions.

• True / False: I budget my time and money around my possessions.

• True / False: I feel satisfaction when making additions to my collection.

Hoarders

• True / False: I feel embarrassed by my possessions.

• True / False: I have my possessions scattered randomly, often without functional organization.

• True / False: I have clutter, often resulting in the loss of functional living space.

• True / False: I feel uncomfortable with others seeing my possessions or outright refuse to let others view my possessions.

• True / False: I often have debt, sometimes extreme.

• True / False: I feel ashamed, sad or depressed after acquiring additional items.


More True's than False's?....Give us a call...we can help!